Mailing List

Friday, March 29, 2019

Night of Cake & Puppets (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2.5)Night of Cake & Puppets by Laini Taylor
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

SWOON.

OMG the 12-year-old-girl in me is SOOOO melting in the hotpot of this whirlwind courtship featuring a Rabid Fairy aka Porcelain Doll aka never-been-kissed firecracker ventriloquist and her far-off crush, the boy with the violin. :)

Yeah, yeah, this MIGHT be a part of the Smoke & Bone series because she, like, shows up there and is quirky and delightful while the MC goes off and does her stuff, but when we get right down to it, the story of Zuzana and Mik can and should be read all by itself for it's sheer quirky and zany delight.

How does such a girl go about speaking to the boy she likes?

Why, she turns herself into a treasure hunt and uses angel and demon puppets and magic to entice and flabbergast the boy as he goes on his merry chase. :)

AND IT'S SO DAMN CUTE!


Look, folks, I'm a middle-aged dude, here. I don't DO high-pitched girly squeals. Except when I do.

*hangs head in shame*

SOOOO CUTE!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment