Mailing List

Thursday, March 28, 2019

Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2)Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Dark.

Deliciously dark. Where the first book had the whole star-crossed romance going on, we are DONE with that. Well, almost. The weight of betrayal and hopelessness kinda did that in. And now we've got an ongoing and endless war ahead of us.

Am I impressed that the tale turned on such a dime without feeling at all forced? Yep. Absolutely. And I'm even more impressed that no one at all seems to be worth saving.

But there's hope. Oh, yes, there's still hope. And love. Even if it is mostly squashed to hell, the love and magic still have a chance.

Do I have some sort of goofy grin on my face? Possibly. Maybe. You'd think I'd have gotten my fill of this kind of thing by now since everyone and their little fat dogs have got a hand in this same game. The YA market seems to be nothing but this kind of thing.

BUT. Quality will rise to the top and this is quality. So no more complaining, ya'll.

I can't wait to see what comes next.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment