Mailing List

Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Wolfgang (Wolfgang Chronicles Book 1)Wolfgang by F.D. Gross
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This can be exactly what the doctor ordered...

As long as you've been craving GOOD heavy horror/fantasy films that ramp up the action and the pathos in equal time to fighting the beasties. :) Revenge? Check. Saving his son? Check.

Go Medieval on a ton of monsters? Hell yeah. He IS a vampire hunter, after all. Wolfgang is going to use every weapon available, killing bogarts, swamp things, and of course, VAMPIRES. Traditional ones! With big and beautiful castles! And of course, there's villages and poor people everywhere!

Sound familiar? Well, that's because it is exactly what a lot of us want. :) Castlevania. In novel form. Doing what only novels can do without huge budgets for special effects and big name actors getting their swords bloody.

Who's the ravening fiend, here?

That's right! It's US! We eat this stuff up.

So did I see this as a movie for the entire time I read it?

Yes. I smelled the offal and felt the squish of the swamp in my boots, too.

Okay, yeah, so I'm kinda a sucker for this stuff. Lots of monsters, lots of action, lots of pathos. There's even plot and intrigue that spears through all that action, but for the most part, I was all for the darkness and the horror. :)

I'm a fan, okay!?!?

Thanks to the author for offering this little gem up! I would never have seen it, otherwise! We should all be on the lookout for great independents! :)


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment