Mailing List

Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Gridlinked (Agent Cormac #1, Polity Universe #3)Gridlinked by Neal Asher
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'm working myself up to flying through the Polity Universe, having already read a bit of Asher already, and while I kinda expected something worse from the general consensus of this particular novel in the full continuity, I did not get frozen eyeballs after being exposed to cold vacuum.

Yay!

That being said, I did rather enjoy the spy stuff, the high-tech stuff, and the *ideas* of the super-AIs, the investigation of the planetary disaster, the BIG ALIENS, and, as a matter of course, the very cool action sequences.

I mean, DRAGON, yo! DRAGON.

And yes, this is hard-SF. Instantaneous travel, cyberpunk cyborgism, AIs everywhere, spaceships, and my personal favorite, mysterious immortal agencies. :) Literally, some Japanese guy who's the head of the investigatory agency who has been around since Hiroshima. Kinda has that St. Germain vibe. :)

This isn't the best SF novel I've ever read, but I can honestly say I had fun with it. I have no compunctions with moving on with the series. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment