Mailing List

Friday, June 29, 2018

Small Gods (Discworld, #13)Small Gods by Terry Pratchett
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'm upping my ranking from a four to a five just because this tickled me much better the second time around. :)

Re-read from about 15 years ago, and somehow more satisfying now than it was then. Why? Om... I don't know... :) Flying turtles kinda rock my world.

This is a total Moses coming out of the desert kind of tale, only the GREAT GOD OM is a tiny turtle with only one believer and the kid is kinda hopeless, but a god's gotta do what a god's gotta do. Get Believers. On DISCWORLD.

So yeah, it's kindof a mess, traveling from the city of believers who don't believe in anything, to the city of philosophers who believe in ignorance, to the deep desert where there are a bunch of destitute almost-ex-gods who've seen much, much better days.

The humor is the best part. Of course. I mean, it IS Pratchett.

So glad I got to re-read this one in particular. Religion has a really huge target painted on its back. And people. Especially people. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment