Mailing List

Sunday, June 24, 2018

The OutsiderThe Outsider by Stephen King
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I think I'll go out on a limb here and say this is better than the Bill Hodges trilogy. There IS a lot of crossover here, minus one very main character, of course, but all in all, I really enjoyed this MORE as a murder-thriller than the others.

But wait, aren't I just judging Stephen King by his own works, as if he's on his own level and everyone must bow down to him and worship his brilliance? Yeah. Pretty much.

Same sprawling character-field, clever characterization, buildup, turnaround and redemption arcs. Saying any more than that is tantamount to spoiling a GRAND DEAL of this fun novel. Like, who am I supposed to root for? Who did it? Why did they do it? And best of all, HOW. :) :) :)

Yeah, it's a gruesome murder mystery full of twists and turns, but more than that, it's a STEPHEN KING novel. :)

Is there a supernatural element? A buildup of great horror and imagery and a so-delicious Nacho Libre add-on? Hell Yeah. So funny. :) Nuff said. It's totally worth it.

So am I perfectly happy with King? Yeah. You have no idea. :) He's sticking to his landings better these days, too. :) :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment