Mailing List

Sunday, May 20, 2018

The AlchemistThe Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I finally got around to reading this. So many people love it. I just... avoided it. Probably for that reason.

But then as I was reading it, enjoying the lyrical flow and the fact that it really *IS* a fable, I warmed up to it.

You know... the kind of story where that Legendary Treasure hunt is not an actual physical treasure? Self-development? lol

I enjoyed it. It's very uplifting and motivational and underscores the fact that you should always follow your dreams no matter what.

The fact that it was an interesting story, that the novel was never dull or overly preachy (except for the lessons that the fable was strong on,) only helped. :)

It *is* slightly sappy, tho. :)

I mostly just enjoyed the juxtaposition of real alchemy and metaphysical alchemy, the road-trip aspect of the novel, and the simple parable. :)



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment