Mailing List

Saturday, May 5, 2018

Murder at the Scrambling Dragon (The Carnival Keepers #2)Murder at the Scrambling Dragon by Amber Gulley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Following up after Carnival Keepers, we remain in an early Victorian society rife with dark magics and strange creatures and curiosity shops with secrets.

I was struck by how many interesting characters filled this novel. Lots of PoVs! Some are rather more fascinating than others, but I'll be singing the praises of a few rats. :) NOT just street rats, but actual intelligent rats. :)

This is a classic curiosity shop novel, but what makes it stand out is the sheer number of horrific and magical events that happen here. It's full to the brim and often very dark. The worldbuilding is quite imaginative. :)

If you liked the first one, you'll definitely like this followup. I've grown to like these characters quite a lot!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment