Mailing List

Sunday, April 15, 2018

Tyrant's Throne (Greatcoats, #4)Tyrant's Throne by Sebastien de Castell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was an extremely entertaining end to this amazing quadrilogy. We went through hopelessness and idealism and amazingly horrible odds and through every book, wonderful snark, action, and suspense.

I think I can rank this whole series up there as one of my absolute favorite fantasies ever. Why? Because it's effortless. A truly wonderful read. And the author has the ability to tear tears from my cold, humorless eyes. ; ;

The big things that happen in this book are somewhat scaled back from fighting and defeating gods as in the third book, but damn, it had to be. Fortunately, this isn't a bad thing. In fact, it really drove home all the horrible and fantastic things that happened to all the villains and heroes in all the previous books, featuring the very fate of the entire kingdom and its whole future. Subtle? No. But it is epic.

I love all the characters. Even the nasty ones. The action is amazing, but the dialogue is even better. The worldbuilding is something divine. But above all, the imagination, heart, and soul of the text shone through.

I will be following this author forever. I have to. Anyone who can write this is a master storyteller. Period. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment