Mailing List

Sunday, April 29, 2018

Saga, Vol. 1 (Saga, #1)Saga, Vol. 1 by Brian K. Vaughan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Re-read 4/29/18:

Buddy read! But no, that's just a flimsy excuse. I LOVE this series. I think I can re-read it forever. I was okay with it the first time I read the first volume, but the weight of the fantastic quality ever since has justifiably rocketed my love out of the stratosphere.

I can easily say this is my absolute favorite comic of all time. It tears me to pieces with humor and spontaneous sobs. It GETS ME.

Just revisiting the story now is making me see how much is revisited and continued and pre-planned and I'm frankly amazed at the whole package. Beautiful art, so subversive a story, and characters to die for. :)


Original Review:

What really stands out about this series is its focus on family. It's not only cute and heartwarming, but it has some of the most interesting characters I've seen in a long time. Sure, it has the whole star-crossed lovers vibe, but the robot people are really weird. We've got magic vs technology, treeships, dead babysitters, and scorned women. Beyond the strangeness is a very solid story with pathos. It looks like I'm going to have to pick up Y's after these are done. I'm a fan.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment