Mailing List

Friday, April 6, 2018

Head On (Lock In, #2)Head On by John Scalzi
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a super easy read that hits all the fun spots for all you folks who're into Sports, Mysteries, and great concept SF filled with robots designed for tele-reality and virtual reality.

I'm one of those readers who are very partial to the SF stuff and I like a good mystery, too, so I had a great time on that alone. But here's the funny part: the sports aspect is unique as hell and full of some great twists. :) Such as getting your head pulled off during the play to be used as a football. As part of the game. :)

Those people from the previous book, the folks who're stuck in their bodies and can only get out by using a waldo-robot or by those biological peeps who are wired for it are now pretty much the only game in town when it comes to full contact sports. It's all robots, of course, and transferred consciousnesses, and a wild story that's the equal of any modern mystery in that OTHER genre. :)

In a lot of ways, I think this sequel featuring our favorite FBI Lock-In is superior to the first. :)

I'm totally glad to have read it. It's just plain good and fun. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment