Mailing List

Thursday, July 28, 2016

The Jersey DevilThe Jersey Devil by Hunter Shea
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Sweeeeeet.

I mean, I was expecting a cryptozoologist's nightmare with a focus on building sympathetic characters even in New Jersey, and all of this is right on target, but I didn't expect to love the whole damn redneck family or their never-ending bullets and their heavy-set will-to-revenge.

I had a great time reading this. This is horror done right. The build-up wasn't too long, the reveals were properly horrific, and the end was extremely satisfying. And bloody. Oh goodness, do any of you like a good gorefest? I do.

Hell, I love it. Especially when we get to ride with a bunch of lovable red-necks that have fallen in way too deep. Old School. Get your heart pumping in time to the shotgun barrel.

No spoilers, but keep your eye on that octogenerian. He's not only a man with a plan and a cadre of kids. He's an action hero. :)

Thanks to Netgalley for a wild ARC!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment