Mailing List

Monday, July 25, 2016

Dark MatterDark Matter by Blake Crouch
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC!

This was a very tight SF action adventure that was full of twists and turns and wonderful imaginings and much better characters. A thriller? You bet. Perfect pacing and surprises. All of it is based in modern day Chicago. Or should I say Chicagos?

So what makes it SF? Oh, it's an old concept, but since it's written well and it's focused on making a wild ride that is pure popcorn fiction, I can enthusiastically give it two thumbs up. But what is it, you ask?

Many Worlds Theory.

You know. Sliders. Only better. Jason is very likable. :) The core story premise is a mix of pure thriller and classic SF, but it really holds together mainly because of the characters more than anything else.

The first thing that ran through my mind was how well this would translate to a cool action-adventure movie, and I still hold by that. Have fun, hold on to your hat, and just hope that love helps you find your way back home. :)



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment