Mailing List

Friday, April 22, 2016

The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking, #1)The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was surprisingly good and easy novel to get into with a decent SF premise of settlers on an alien world and a genetic plague that reads like any number of YA dystopias, but what makes this one stand apart from all the rest is the twist on psi mind-reading and the Purpose behind the main action.

No spoilers, but there was enough delayed satisfaction going on throughout the novel to keep any jaded reader turning the page. :)

Did I like the characters? Yeah, for the most part, but Todd reads pretty everyman and his emotions are only somewhat convincing. At one point near the end, I just wanted him to do what the other man was telling him to do. What's the fuss? What's the fuss? *sigh*

Still, it was an amusing romp and even if the main plot relied a little too much on the mystery of the plot, the action sequences more than made up for it. I don't think I'll have any issues picking up the next books in the trilogy and enjoying them. I actually want to see what happens next! :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment