Mailing List

Monday, April 11, 2016

Every Heart a DoorwayEvery Heart a Doorway by Seanan McGuire
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Sometimes we either meet a book (or a novella, in this case,) that is precisely the right fit for your soul, (at the moment,) or just happens to be original enough right when you need it, that it fills your life and your mind with brightness and joy.

For me, this is one of those pieces. To muddy the waters even more, I'm an unabashed fan of the author and I'm likely to pick up all of her writings without even checking the subject matter because I simply trust the woman to steer me to any shore.

Of course, none of that *really* matters. After all, in this novella, she's taken me to many worlds of imagination, both logical and full of wild nonsense. Am I in love with the murder mystery plaguing this poor children?

Nah, though it was quite interesting.

No, what spoke to me were all the doorways, the wild and the still lands that were perfect fits for each kid, and can I wish, wish, wish that I had my own? Can I spend a lifetime within my wild cthuhlu SF fairyland populated with layers and layers of myth and gods? Please?

Alas, the concept behind this novella, the loss and expulsion of their little paradise is tailor made to evoke ultimate sympathy from me. Oh, the pathos.

I'm not even slightly being facetious. :)

So I'm going to pray and pray that my hero writes more and more of these books and make me dance for joy with each and every instalment. Yay!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment