Mailing List

Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Contact Harvest (Halo, #5)Contact Harvest by Joseph Staten
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Honestly, I just didn't get into it. I was bored. I played the games and the one where we're actually ON Harvest was about 40 times more exciting than this book.

Other people might get more mileage out of it, of course. I missed the slow reveals and worldbuilding, the truly fascinating characters. Sadly, this was just pretty much a long, long sequence of jarheads doing jarhead things. It's pretty much all that I hate about MilSF. All Milspeak, go go go, little characterization, less worldbuilding. For those of you who like that kind of thing, I welcome you to it. For uberfans of the series, maybe this ticks your completionist boxes.

Me? I prefer well-rounded fiction with a little (or a lot) of everything.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment