Mailing List

Sunday, May 29, 2022

The Memory of Souls (A Chorus of Dragons, #3)The Memory of Souls by Jenn Lyons
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The characters in the first two books were the strongest part of the read for me. However, this volume did not shine quite as brightly for me.

On the other hand, the expansion of the worldbuilding, the other races, the deep history, and the current enormous quest to finally shut down the biiiiiiig bad with or without the help of 8 gods, a race of immortals, and a bunch of do-it-yourself-demon kits, soul stealers, and a grand ritual, DID make this a rather interesting book.

Suffice it to say, while I was entertained through the main bulk, I was extremely enthusiastic by the end. It has one hell of an ending.

Am I very pleased that this series is still pretty strong, that it has many plots that don't follow the general epic fantasy template? Yes. Very much so.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment