Mailing List

Friday, May 20, 2022

The Omen (Eden's Gate #5)The Omen by Edward Brody
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Add a bunch of fun but standard quest objectives to some spooky death and destruction prophecies, mix it together with LitRPG goodness, and it won't scream original.

But then, all LitRPG stuff is literally riffing off generations of RPG games that literally ripped off fantasies who ripped off myths, so I really can't be bothered to care whether any of this is original. All I care about is whether I'm invested enough in the character that I want to see him level up after many brutal sessions and quests. I also want to see him get strong with his kitty. So that being said, BRING IT ALL ON.

Still having fun. That's what matters. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment