Mailing List

Saturday, April 24, 2021

The Witch With No Name (The Hollows, #13)The Witch With No Name by Kim Harrison
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Great Hollows Re-read continues! 4/24/21

Back to the official first ending of the series, with all the plot wrap-ups, huge stakes, and whiny bitch-ass undead vampires crying that they want their souls.

Of course, nothing ends right here, but the first time we all read this, we were dreading and preparing ourselves with a big box of tissues. And when I HAD read it, I was thrilled and immensely pleased with the whole mix of different kinds of magic, the extreme ends they all had to take to not only fix the vamps, but fix those sucky elves, save the Ever After, and just find a BALANCE. You know?

And I finished this again with not quite as much anticipation -- mainly because I've already read the sequel -- but when it comes to the overall story-arcs and the character progressions, I'm VERY pleased.

Kim Harrison pulled it off. And coming back to this, one of my old favorite story-homes, was a real pleasure.

*rubs hands together* Of course, we're not done yet. :)




Original Review:

Such sadness. I'm really sorry to see the series come to a close, but I'm certain that all of the fans will be satisfied by the end. The wonderful Itchy-Witch has had her share of crap storms, and I'm more than willing to see her get a happy ending.

I've been dreading and heavily anticipating this novel for some time, wanting it with such cravings that might put a vampire to shame. The fact that it has finished with such a wonderfully huge bang is only icing on the cake, but I have to say that I loved it all.

Mind candy? Hell yes, but of a caliber much more interesting and emotionally engaging than the most urban fantasy that I've read. Will I always think of these books fondly? Hell yes. Will I reread them in the future? Hell yes. They deserve more than that, though... they deserve to be studied by other urban fantasy authors and emulated, even improved upon, but above all, they need to be cherished.

Thank you for the gift of these wonderful novels!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment