Mailing List

Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Cascade (Dungeon Robotics #4)Cascade by Matthew Peed
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Magic robotics, airships, orbital facilities, dungeon cores, and global thermonecromantic war.

This is what happens when a LitRPG title diverges from its leveling roots and just goes nuts with Big War.

Granted, I wish there were more character development and even some (at least minor) conflict on the personal stages with the main characters (or dungeon, who can't seem to do any wrong), but for the most part, it's still a light title that manages to be fun.

Is it just me, or are all the repeating sections, slightly modified by PoV, a bit annoying?

Never mind. Overall, the book kinda reads like a carbon copy of one or two others in the same genre, with slight fundamental differences in focus. Since I liked those, originally, I am okay with it here, but I'm marking it down in my head for being rather unoriginal.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment