Mailing List

Thursday, April 22, 2021

The Undead Pool (The Hollows, #12)The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Great Hollows Re-Read 4/22/21:

Better on the re-read. I honestly got into the wild magic goddess stuff much more this time, especially considering where it winds up and what the actual costs really are.

And considering what just happened, those costs are huge.

That being said, this entire book, its mystery, was quite fun and interesting. True undead vampires getting the full sleepytime treatment, leaving their children to play and be naughty across the city? Leylines getting wonky?

Very fun stuff.

Of course, it gets even more interesting with all the thought-construct invasion bits. )



Original Review:

I'm always looking forward to more Hollows books, and now that they're beginning to wrap up, I'm getting very sad.

That being said, I was torn at the beginning of the read. I could tell where it was heading or thought I could, because of the elven magic developments. The goddess, et al., while interesting, had me thinking that it might get a little cliche. I'm very happy to say that I was very wrong. I didn't expect what I got, and I reveled in the major developments, including the one at the end of the novel. Maybe the novel wasn't entirely up to the same standards as I've grown to love in the series, but I absolutely loved where it went and how it messed with our heroine. I found myself just wishing that I could read the novel forever and ever, never wanting it to end. For that, perhaps I ought to give it a 5-star rating instead of the 4 I did. Then again, I'm changing it to 5 because the real 4.5 ain't an option. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment