Mailing List

Sunday, April 18, 2021

A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)A Perfect Blood by Kim Harrison
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Great Hollows Re-Read!

While I didn't like this one as much as the ones right before it or the ones after it, the Hollows as a whole is a truly fantastic series.

So what didn't I like so much, if I liked just about everything else about it?

A certain bespelled silver charm.

The whole decision to wear it or have to deal with all the BS in the less powerful human or interlander world really stuck in my craw. So much of what happened in this book might have been slightly less horrific and internally conflict-laden or ... just WRONG ... had Rachel just CONTINUED to own up to what she is. You know, like she had owned to it in the previous book. This backsliding was just painful to watch.

Of course, then we wouldn't have met a few great characters along the way and enjoy (I use the term lightly) a bit of incarceration, but that's beside the point. It just feels wrong to the character and everything she had gone through.

I know, I sound rather hard on the book, but that doesn't change the fact that I had a great time with the rest of it and the quality didn't decrease. I'm particularly enjoying Trent's developments. The investigation and the bad guys were pretty great, too. If it wasn't for the neutering bit, I probably would have raved about this book with all the others.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment