Mailing List

Friday, July 7, 2023

Finder (Finder Chronicles, #1)Finder by Suzanne Palmer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was a complete surprise for me. Not only did it satisfy my space opera needs, it did it in a way that was delightful, out of the ordinary for the genre, and rather more interesting and involving that most of its species.

The concept is easy, of course: a repo-man in space -- but that's just where it begins and also where it ends. The JOURNEY, however...

I was honestly drawn in and fascinated with Fergus Ferguson from the start. He embodies the adage: It's better to be lucky than wise. Or even right. And the fact that he keeps doing everything for his own reasons, his own values, and they all happen to be NICE, is a really excellent feature.

Being a very creative problem solver is also a fantastic.

So yeah, I had a really good time with this novel. Sucked me right in and kept being awesome throughout. I hadn't ready anything else by Suzanne Palmer except for her Hugo-winning shorts. I'm very happy her longer-form is worth every second.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment