Mailing List

Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Driving the Deep (Finder Chronicles, #2)Driving the Deep by Suzanne Palmer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Freaking delightful.

I'm kinda shocked how much fun I had with this and I just recently read Finder, saying exactly the same thing.

But here's the fun bit: I think I liked this more than the first book. It has less history-reveals and more of a focus on the here-and-now and I loved how far Fergus takes freaking everything.

He's one hell of a fantastic character. I have a feeling that I've found my favorite new series. I've gone from, "This is a breath of fresh air" to "Good god I can read this forever" to "Where's the next freaking book!"

That doesn't say anything about the tale, itself, though. Driving the Deep goes exactly where you think it'd never go until you're actually there. Helping friends is one thing, but getting a job as a sub driver in real crap-hole on an ice-ocean moon to solve a mystery is NOT on my bingo card for a space opera SF. And it just keeps getting better.

Oh, I'm now here for the long haul.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment