Mailing List

Friday, March 5, 2021

The Death of Chaos (The Saga of Recluce, #5)The Death of Chaos by L.E. Modesitt Jr.
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wow. Lerris returns from the first book in this saga. If you've read the series this far, it's an extremely important change in direction.

After all, books 2-4 all happen WAY before Lerris, the extremely modest magician of Order who learns the secret of both Order and Chaos, performs a massive miracle of casting down all those Chaos magicians and their armies.

But now, with the weight of so much very important history and the big bright lightbulb going on as we interweave those old, seemingly ancient characters -- so much history -- into the current tale, the whole thing has taken on a brand new level of importance.

And with a title like that, just assume right here and now that something ENORMOUS happens. Cataclysms seem to happen all the time in these books, but just expect something bigger this time.

I LOVED seeing Justin again. All these characters are something special to me. And I can't rightly disagree with all those teaching methods of those Order wizards. I'm sure it'd piss me off, too, but the wisdom is undeniable.

Great series. Getting even better.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment