Mailing List

Monday, March 29, 2021

A Fistful of Charms (The Hollows, #4)A Fistful of Charms by Kim Harrison
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Hollows Re-read time!

Getting through number 4 had its good moments and bad moments.

Good first: Really funny and strained character progressions with Ivy and Jenks. David the loner insurance adjusting werewolf is a welcome, if cringey, influence on the series. I had to grin at all the werewolf nonsense and how Rachel dealt with it.

Bad: GAAAH NICK.

Of course, that's not the fault of the writing or the writer. That's just a thing that I want to scream at Rachel about.



This book is perhaps the worst of the series if I'm to be perfectly honest. It's not that it's not entertaining, however. I really grinned my face off at certain points and I got emotional over the trust issues bits. But as a novel to progress the over-plot for the rest of the series, its only truly memorable and necessary bits are all in the curse-crafting sequences and the nice little side-effects. I can't wait to see THAT bear fruit later.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment