Mailing List

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

The Third ManThe Third Man by Graham Greene
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wow. I suppose I shouldn't be all that surprised that Graham Greene's novella, (yes, the Orson Welles movie) was a very well-written and tight mystery/thriller.

I am surprised, however, at how relevant and interesting it is after all these years.

It's tight, interesting, fast-paced, and often surprising. But above all, it grabs you. :) It also happens to accomplish a ton in a short time, doesn't digress forever in weird, inconsequential directions, and it kinda shames a lot of the modern thriller models. :)

It makes me wonder if I ought to go on a true Noir kick and see just how good they really were... or if this just happens to be a truffle among pigs. :)


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment