Mailing List

Saturday, April 11, 2020

Out of BodyOut of Body by Jeffrey Ford
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I wanted to like this more than I did. After all, Jeffrey Ford has generally been a fantastic writer for me and I jumped on this ARC expecting some solid creepiness or twists or thoughtful fantasy.

But this one? Eh... it was fine for what it is, but it reads more like a snippet taken out of a White Wolf Mage CoreBook regarding astral projection and some of the dangers therein. Add a dash of normal, a bit of peeping tom, and a big bad with a penchant for paint, and the entire tale ends where it probably ought to have begun... with a bigger adventure. Or at least a convention-balking one.

*shrug* It was okay, but it wasn't anything special.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment