Mailing List

Saturday, April 25, 2020

First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1)First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'm currently on the hunt for some good UF. I've already devoured so many, that by now, I waver between finding something original and something that has that fantastic popcorn flavor.

I am settling for great taste, fun humor, and snark, snark, snark.

It doesn't hurt *At All* that it takes place in my old stomping grounds in Albuquerque, NM. It also doesn't hurt that it's NOT werewolves or vampires, but the Grim Reaper herself.

She has style. A sex drive. And while she complains about helping those lost ghosts, she always does the right thing. I have to like that.

But first and foremost, this is a good mystery novel. It has all the delicious elements, the dark histories, and the steamy present. The dead -- well, the dead don't take care of themselves, but that's the whole point of this novel. :)

I'm home.

I'm going all goth for this. :)

I'll keep my eyes out for the uber original, but for the moment, I'm just having a lot of fun.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment