Mailing List

Monday, September 9, 2019

The Unkindest Tide (October Daye, #13)The Unkindest Tide by Seanan McGuire
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

You know that wonderful woman/monster, the Sea Witch? You know, the LUIDAEG? Pronounced loo-shack? *sigh* I love her so much. To some, she's a monster. But to me, she's just family. Family I've loved since the earliest part of the series. *sigh*

And now, we get SO MUCH OF HER. :) Lots of watery adventure with Toby with her squire, of course, but the main tale IS about Justice and Mercy. And tons of skin. TONS of skin. And before you guys get your minds in the gutter, I'm talking about FLENSING.

Boy, that got dark quick, no?

Well, this one is a dark one. Old tragedies and the fate of the Selkies. I got pretty emotional with this one. And I loved it.

Bonus novella about Raj, too! The Prince of Cats went through a bit of growing up. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment