Mailing List

Sunday, September 22, 2019

The Song of AchillesThe Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Well, it looks like Apollo has shined on me today. And I will, as so many have before me, confirm that this book is a great one.

Retellings of ancient stories can a complicated slog or a brilliant adaptation, of course, but the best are always the ones that come with beautiful, lyrical language, bold interpretations, and a rip-roaring sense of style.

Good news! This one satisfies on all levels! And I have to admit that I always suspected, from the original, that Achilles and Patroclus were lovers. It only made SENSE that such a reaction could only be born of great passions.

And so that brings us to the reality of this tale. It is not so much about growing up or cross-dressing or bearing the enmity of Agamemnon.

This is a ROMANCE. :)

Καλησπέρα σε όλους!

νόστιμο!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment