Mailing List

Wednesday, September 25, 2019

CirceCirce by Madeline Miller
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

My second Madeline Miller, I have to admit I liked Song of Achilles slightly better, but ONLY SLIGHTLY. I loved both. :)

She really brings Circe to life, from Hawk to Nymph to rambunctious daughter of Helios to the mistreated sister to the woman who just says "f***-it I'd rather live alone. "

I didn't really miss the lack of a constant plot.

This is a story of a life, even if it is a story of a god's life, and she's really caught in a sore spot. I simply LIKED this in the way I'd love to watch a movie about a wonderfully complex character as she lived and grew as a person and sometimes had these famous people drop in every once in a while. Daedalus, Jason and his Argonauts, Medea, a certain main of Ithica, and a couple of badass gods, too.

And you know what? She comes out on top. Some tragedies, yes, and a lot of crap, but I love how this ends. Even with the tragedy.

I can see why so many people fall in love with these books. :) I did, too.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment