Mailing List

Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Jade City (The Green Bone Saga, #1)Jade City by Fonda Lee
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'm reviewing this purely from enjoyment. I had fun.

Every character was strong and very familiar to me since I've been a life-long fan of The Godfather. Yep. SO MUCH of the story seems to be a slight twist on the classic tale, but never far from that grand feel. I loved seeing the story twisted with SilkPunk, the addition of magic-granting Jade that enhances particular families' inherent abilities, be it strength, hardiness, speed, etc, and having the plot twisted further with an addictive drug that lets normal people do the same with the magical Jade as the ones who were born to it.

Simple setup, but a pure mafia-story mixed with superhero abilities... and pure fun for all that.

I was never once bored. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment