Mailing List

Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Art MattersArt Matters by Neil Gaiman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Half illustrations, half art-on-art, this little gem of a book is just about perfect for anyone who appreciates art and/or makes it. :)

I won't say the advice is new but it is very emphatic and heartfelt, so you're not hearing any complaints from this corner.

Best advice ever? Have fun. Next best advice? Make good art. Or maybe I have those two reversed. Doesn't matter. It's all good advice.

And above all, when everything goes wrong, STILL make good art.

Why? Because it helps you through the hard times. And sometimes that's all you've got. I get that. A lot.


I do believe I'll be revisiting this book again. Maybe a lot. It's heartening. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment