Mailing List

Friday, February 8, 2019

The Land That Time Forgot (Caspak, #1)The Land That Time Forgot by Edgar Rice Burroughs
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I can honestly say that I had a lot more fun with this than, say, The Island of Doctor Moreau. That is to say, I thought it was a pretty nifty adventure. :)

It came out in 1918 for those of you somewhat familiar with the historical terrain. War was on everyone's minds and pretty much anything that let us escape from our world to some deserted island... or not so deserted... is pretty much the epitome of awesome.

The first half of this short novel was already a top-notch adventure with capturing a U-boat and uncovering traitors, but once they made it to the land that time forgot, you and I both know that we're in love with the dinos. :)

I really want some steak, now. Nom nom.

The surprising difference between this cool little adventure and more modern tales is quite striking. The same thing written in the 60's or 70's would have been embarrassing for any female character. Weak, abused, treated like crap. But not so in this one. Maybe it was the whole women's voting rights or something, but this female was pretty awesome. Strong, quick thinking, and determined. I likey.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment