Mailing List

Wednesday, February 13, 2019

The King's Buccaneer (Krondor's Sons, #2)The King's Buccaneer by Raymond E. Feist
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This one is a surprisingly complicated plot with one of my new favorite characters in Feist-land. :)

Nicholas is forced to do a lot of growing, of course, but what's surprising is just how comprehensive the tragedy is compared to his reactions.

Simple puppy love evolves into survival, ideology, and duty. But the scope and the scale quickly flies beyond the initial and we travel across the world, new lands to explore or be horrified by, and above all, far-ranging effects.

This is definitely not the simple fantasy tale that I was expecting. :) And moreover, it is entertaining. It's also somewhat hard to stomach in some circumstances... after all, being captured by slavers and forced to endure some really bad things isn't meant to be easy.

All said, I really loved this book. Feist seems to have his finger on my pulse. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment