Mailing List

Saturday, January 20, 2018

One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)One Fell Sweep by Ilona Andrews
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the culmination of so much slow burn, the romantic explosion we've all been waiting for in the duo's hybrid SF/Fantasy galactic intrigue Bed and Breakfast series. :)

It's taken so long! Well, two books... to get here! Sigh.

First of all, I have no issues with regurgitated UF themes in this one. In fact, I had a great time following a rather complicated weave of plots that do a lot to dive into the characters, a lot of their histories and, of course, the blowout ending that I very much enjoyed. And get your mind out of the gutter. It wasn't only that kind of blowout. The magic was something pretty awesome and kept me on the edge of my seat.

I really appreciate the UF treatment to a huge SF setting even if it's mostly centered on a little intergalactic Bed and Breakfast run by a true Master of Her Domain. :) The fact that she has so many super powerful suiters doesn't much bother me anymore. Especially since she finally found the right one. :)

The most welcome addition to the room and board is her sister. She's something else. :) And the kid? As scary as all children are. Half-vampire doesn't really make a difference. :)

It's really a fun and light series. Just different enough from the comfortable path to delight, never drain. :) Definitely high quality and shouldn't be missed by any fan of this team.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment