Mailing List

Tuesday, October 17, 2023

MiseryMisery by Stephen King
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

It's been way too many years since I read this one. Hell, in a way, this was the novel that made me want to be a writer. After all, with all the miseries in this world, sometimes all you've got is yourself and all that you can create with your own two hands.

Never mind feet. They're not all that necessary to write with.


As for how this book really made me feel, I have to say it is one of the most horrific not because it's supernatural (it isn't) but because the pacing and the growing insanity of falling under nurse Ratched's -- sorry, Anne's -- persuasive spell really shows how someone CAN get broken.

So, all you would-be torturers out there, take careful note. This is a manual.

And with that, I'll just say that we can all be a number one fan, too.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment