Mailing List

Thursday, October 5, 2023

The Well of Stars (Great Ship, #2)The Well of Stars by Robert Reed
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

In one way, this is a pretty fascinating set piece of espionage on a grand scale between an amorphous intelligence the size of a nebula and the wandering Great Ship, itself an enormous spaceship carrying many, many now-immortal species between galaxies, the long route.

While I appreciate the idea, I found myself wandering and wishing we had more of the internal intrigues of the Great Ship and less of the almost aimless machinations outside of it.

I feel like it could have been a lot better, sharper, in short format. It could also be that I wasn't all that invested in these particular characters.

Anyway, I'm not unhappy to have read it. The ideas and worldbuilding, if not the execution of it, were pretty great.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment