Mailing List

Saturday, October 14, 2023

Light Bringer (Red Rising Saga, #6)Light Bringer by Pierce Brown
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This series has become something of a staple for all space opera -- to me. Huge ships, ground battles across the Solar System, and of course near-godly martial might with power armor and razors in single combat. Of course, with the Roman themes, the immense stratification of societies, the honor, the brotherhoods, make it beautiful in a different way.

And then, there's the long-drawn hate and endless 12 years of war that has taken a huge toll on everyone. The Golds no less than any of the other colors, societies.

I can think of no other SF or MilSF that comes as close to the epic feel of the Iliad than this. Yeah, it's that good.

I'm pretty shocked. And reading this after, say, Dark Age? So delicious. Worth the wait.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment