Mailing List

Saturday, June 12, 2021

The Unnatural Inquirer (Nightside, #8)The Unnatural Inquirer by Simon R. Green
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really think these books are hitting their comfortable stride. You can't go far wrong with a supernatural PI badass in a sideways kind of city intersecting with London who does all those hard jobs that no one else seems able to do.

Simple. And Noir. And fantasy. Shake it well and serve with a dash of the Necronomicon, demonic female reporters, and a very special DVD of hell that everyone wants to get their hands on.

It's a fine formula and very comforting and quite amusing. Of course, I'm not really expecting anything huge, but it satisfies on all the levels that count for light entertainment, and that is what I got.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment