Mailing List

Thursday, June 17, 2021

The Bride Wore Black Leather (Nightside, #12)The Bride Wore Black Leather by Simon R. Green
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have to admit that the last adventure was both campy and fairly cool at the same time. Impossible to imagine that this is his equivalent to a stag party, tho, and with so much that happens during this SHORT period of time, it feels like a campaign of war. But that's to be expected when way-too-powerful magic is thrown about left and right.

The things I liked: Proto-hippy-god. I'm sorry, but that just made me laugh. I also enjoyed hanging out with the old Victorian adventurer.

The things I didn't: the little details usually make or break these books. These particular books are all about the big crap coming down without much in the way of foreplay. So I felt more or less cheated the entire time I read these.


But since this is the last book in the series and I can now give it both a thumb up and a thumb down, just know that it has a bunch of great things going for it and a few that make me groan. It's certainly not the best UF I've ever read but the infrequent sparks were enough to keep me reading.

I'm satisfied.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment