Mailing List

Wednesday, March 10, 2021

The Stainless Steel Rat Saves the World (Stainless Steel Rat, #6)The Stainless Steel Rat Saves the World by Harry Harrison
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Ah, a little time travel absurdity, a dash of master thievery, and a sprinkling of megalomaniac revenge turn this otherwise light and humorous SF snarkfest into a history-diving train wreck that visits the mid '70s, late Napoleonic, and the twilight years of Earth.

It's almost like a Doctor who without the competence. Or a planet of the apes without the commentary. But at least it has tons of guns, futuristic grenades, and sleeping gas to go with a much brighter woman to keep her special idiot alive.

I won't say this is the best SF ever, but it tickles my snark fancy and I love the chaos.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment