Mailing List

Wednesday, March 17, 2021

The Stainless Steel Rat for President (Stainless Steel Rat, #8)The Stainless Steel Rat for President by Harry Harrison
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Election fraud! Oppressive regime! Tourism!

Wait, this isn't Cuba OR America! And the person on the cover of this book isn't Wil Wheaton!

But this poor planet, rife with absolute corruption and tourism, IS the next target for our redoubtable Stainless Steel Rat.

Back when I first read this one, I laughed my butt off. I mean, it originally came out in '82 and it was totally a Cuba and/or South America dictatorship slam, including the focus on free elections, but in our heart of hearts, we all knew it was about all the dirty, dirty tricks being played in politics on our own front doors.

So yes, throwing a little Rat into the works is VERY satisfying. Terrier for the Revolution!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment