Mailing List

Friday, March 5, 2021

A History of What Comes Next (Take Them to the Stars, #1)A History of What Comes Next by Sylvain Neuvel
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

While the over-story in this is merely pretty okay and the end, well, the less I say about it, the better, I actually enjoyed the grand majority of this novel.

I really enjoyed the mother/daughter stories. Of course, it's not REALLY a mother/daughter kind of thing, but the biological twist, the cloning aspect that carries on for a hundred generations, IS fascinating and the vignettes through time were all a real treat.

But most interesting was the real history of the space race and rocket research by way of WWII, extricating Von Braun out of Germany, and the push and pull spycraft. This was by far the best part of the novel, but mixing this with aliens working their lives to the bone to take us to the stars (and taking themselves with us) is a very, very beautiful idea.

I'm going to enjoy reading all of these. :)



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment