Mailing List

Monday, August 7, 2023

The Unhoneymooners (Unhoneymooners, #1)The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I got roped into this Rom-Com buddy-read because I'm a real soft touch. Or I'm gullible. Or I just don't know what to do when women get all weepy.

So here I am, reading a Rom-Com featuring all the oldest misadventures, featuring the very, very believable "Sis and her brand new husband get food poisoning and can't go on their all-expenses paid honeymoon and now I, her twin sister, must take her place alongside my arch-enemy, my sister's husband's brother" - plot.

Fortunately -- the read is funny and horny and snide and eventually delightful. It was exactly what I predicted it to be. Not one thing less, not one thing more.

Oh, and we can get the expected dose of girl meets boy, girl loses boy, girl gets boy back, with all the expected variations of the boy doing all the heavy lifting, so -- normal. It's fast food. You know what to expect. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment