Mailing List

Tuesday, February 7, 2023

The Fourth Realm (Ten Realms, #4)The Fourth Realm by Michael Chatfield
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

All told, I'm here for the character progression. To a lesser degree, I'm here for the town progression. Everything else, at least so far in this particular novel, is tactics and fairly large-scale war in the 4th realm with a bit of progression payoff at the end.

I'll just say that my favorite parts are not the big-scale war stuff. It's okay for what it is but I preferred practically everything else.

I admit I miss the alchemy and smithing portions. And while I do love the dungeon progression, I want to see more of that and proper challenges for it more than the MilSF portions we've seen a lot of in this volume.

Personal preference, of course.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment