Mailing List

Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Jade Legacy (The Green Bone Saga, #3)Jade Legacy by Fonda Lee
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was suitably impressed with the first two volumes of the Green Bone Saga mostly because it reminded me of a very Godfather-type storytelling that was equal bits honor, shady dealings, control, family, and it did it in much the same way as Godfather in the setting. Early 20th century-type worldbuilding, emergent technologies, and a masterfully changing world.

The difference? Green Bone Jade magic, the toughs who use it, and all the sociological challenges and confusions related to it. Culturally, it was all the more fascinating in this book.

As for the tale, it's an epic family drama, now with full generations coming into their own.

I was very impressed. It was always a pleasure to read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment