Mailing List

Saturday, February 15, 2020

Sit, Stay, Love (Rescue Me #2)Sit, Stay, Love by Debbie Burns
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is pretty much a cookie-cutter romance with a haunted ex-military man and an unsure, perhaps even low self-esteem woman who fall into each other's arms while training ex-dogfight rescues.

I admit I read it mostly because it tugs on those doggie heartstrings. The rest was sugary-sweet and TOTALLY wish-fulfillment dreamstuff.

I could go into all the amazing HEA coincidences and even more amazing windfalls, but I really can't be all that surprised by ANY of it. Not really. It's a fantasy. A fantasy that includes tons of doggies, a wonderful rescue named Franky, a cat that behaves just like a cat, and a really comforting family-oriented house-fixing.

For what it is... it's comforting. Did I get bent out of shape by it? No. It was a fine Valentine's Day read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment