Mailing List

Monday, February 10, 2020

Daisy Jones & The SixDaisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Big disclaimer here: I am a huge fan of music. So anything like this kind of novel is going to get me revved up without having to come close to being well-written or gorgeous or anything. Kind of like horror. You know it might be painful, but you dive right in because this is what you've always done with certain genres that you're giddy about.

And there's PLENTY to be giddy about in Daisy Jones and The Six.

For me, it felt like the HUGE drama of Fleetwood Mac, with Buckingham and Nicks front and center as Billy and Daisy. It also felt like the creative drama in Pink Floyd between Gilmour and Waters. There was even a bit of the feel of Led Zeppelin's tragic Bonham.

But you know that tragic crazy love story that isn't a love story but a CREATIVE story that gets dragged through the mud with all the longing and the drugs and the Rock-and-Roll? The sheer power of art doing things that should never have gotten this big except by sheer dumb luck and talent?

THAT is the real core of this story.

Forgive me. I've got a hitch in my throat. It's just *waves hands over face* too emotional.

:)

Yes, this is absolutely, balls-to-the-wall, Rock Nostalgia. I was freaking four years old when this fictional drama would have been going on. BUT I DON'T CARE. I love music and I'm sure a great deal of you out there ARE AS WELL.

This is also YOUR book. :)

Get your s**t together and read it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment